Talk to a criminal defense attorney first. He will be in the best position to assess charges and evidence against you and tell you what to do. He may advise against it if he feels that there is strong possibility that he could get charges dropped or win the case in court. Even if you plead guilty, an attorney can negotiate a favorable plea bargain.

Should you just plead guilty to your criminal charges?